Thursday, March 4, 2010

Extremely busy week this week. We began gutting the Thomas Glover house which is located at 923 Oak St in downtown Flint. We're nearly done thanks to a dozen or so college students from UM Flint who are on an alternative spring break. I thought the week would drag by as we wait for the birth of our daughter this coming Tuesday but it has flown by because of the sheer amount of things going on this week. I'll be off for a week or so and then back to work at about half the hours until the end of March. Rach will be off for six weeks. So, we are frantically getting things ready for when we are off. Rachel is finishing up the concept document for the Glover House co-op, and I am on the work site every day overseeing and helping (as much as I can) with the demo.

As for our house, our rennovations are on hold as there simply is not enough time in the day to work on both houses, nor do I have enough energy. My food consumption has gone way up the past week because of all the work we're doing.

This week has been awesome though. We're really getting to talk to the neighbors and students and new found friends in the neighborhood and share about our heart for the renewal of the city. I know when I finish up on Monday with work, that I will be coming back to an awesome time in my life where amazing things are happening in my family, in our house, in our neighborhood, in our city, and in our church. Life is good.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

The views, comments, statements and opinions expressed on this Web site do not necessarily represent the official position of The Salvation Army.
 
Copyright 2009 Flint City Salvos
Convert By NewBloggerTemplates Wordpress by Wpthemesfree