Monday, June 28, 2010

It's exciting that all year round The Sal is busy. It used to be that when the end of the school year hit, there wasn't a whole lot going on. Now we are in our fifth year of Summer Day Camp, and second year of Picnics In The Park. We also have a summer cadet (Julie Tamayo) who is here for the summer to get some hands on experience in ministry. When she finishes up here she'll head back to The Sal's "College for Officer Training" for another year of schooling before she is ordained as a pastor in The Salvation Army and appointed to a church somewhere in the 11 Midwest states. She's working along side us, and Lauren, and others to get a taste of all the aspects of ministry here.

Add into the mix Christmas in July kettles, and some other projects and the summer will be gone before we know it. So, we're working like crazy to make sure Summer stuff goes well while planning for the Ignite Co-Op, renovating our house, and brainstorming for the Fall.

Some days I miss the past Summers where I volunteered to teach kids how to play musical instruments at camp, went up north for vacations, and had a really relaxing Summer. I think it's because I feel like I am constantly busy, or tired. I think to myself, once our house is finished, then I can sit on the porch, kick back, and relax...that is, until I get restless and find a new project to take on.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

The views, comments, statements and opinions expressed on this Web site do not necessarily represent the official position of The Salvation Army.
 
Copyright 2009 Flint City Salvos
Convert By NewBloggerTemplates Wordpress by Wpthemesfree