Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Our first day of Picnics in the Park went very well. We had around 30 kids at the park, 23 of them ate lunches. We met some new families in the neighborhood too. Rachel said there is a lot of interest in Mission: Literacy by the parents and kids too. We'll be doing pretesting on Friday and then placing kids in groups the following week. This is going to be a good summer in the park. I like being outdoors.

In my daily quiet time I have been trying a new year long bible reading plan. It has five parts: heart, wisdom, power, preaching, and leadership. Day 1 involves reading a psalm. Day 2 involves reading from Proverbs, Ecclesiastes, Song of Solomon, or Job. Day 3 involves reading a chapter or part of Acts. Day 4 involves reading a selected book of the bible. I am currently working through 2 Corinthians. And day 5 involves reading from 1 or 2 Timothy or Titus. I've been taking the weekend off but coming back to what I wrote in my moleskin book about that week's readings. I try to pick one truth or verse to reflect on each day and revisit throughout the day.

I also have been rereading The Celebration of Discipline by Richard Foster, and Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis. There are additional materials/articles that I will read that I find on the Internet on sites like The Resurgence that are also helpful too.

Sorry to report that we have no Ignite interest yet, but we're still trying. Young adults are either in the middle of college, or have jobs, or are not interested. If God wants this ministry to succeed he'll provide the people. And so, we'll keep looking, promoting, and talking to people about Ignite.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

The views, comments, statements and opinions expressed on this Web site do not necessarily represent the official position of The Salvation Army.
 
Copyright 2009 Flint City Salvos
Convert By NewBloggerTemplates Wordpress by Wpthemesfree